POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Poving Laptop. : Re: Poving Laptop. Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poving Laptop.
From: scott
Date: 6 Dec 2010 05:10:28
Message: <4cfcb694@news.povray.org>

http://www.amazon.com/Principles-Computer-Hardware-Alan-Clements/dp/0199273138/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

> I mean, look at the TOC of this, the first book on amazon for the search
> of "computer hardware textbook". Nothing in the TOC obviously about the
> semiconductor level. Gates, yes, bits, yes. 100 pages talking about gates,
> zero talking about semiconductors.

Maybe because this area is more covered by electronics textbooks?  In my
courses everything from electrons up to simple logic circuits like
bistables, adders, counters etc were handled in the "electronics" courses.
The "computing" courses started off assuming you knew what logic gates did -
even if you couldn't remember exactly how they did it or how to wire one
up...