POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The ups and downs of computing : Re: The ups and downs of computing Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The ups and downs of computing
From: scott
Date: 6 Dec 2010 04:56:42
Message: <4cfcb35a@news.povray.org>
> Apparently the compiler's dead code elimination works quite well. But
> anyway, I guess you'd have to have quite a lot of Haskell executables
> before the disk space and setup complexity of DLLs makes it even vaguely
> worth the effort.

It's a huge win if you're repeatedly transferring the same programs to the
same machine (eg rolling out updates).  Also given that people downloading
your Haskell programs might also be looking at other Haskell programs, it
probably worth offering two versions to download (one that requires the
DLLs, one that doesn't).