POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Dec 2010 19:35:36
Message: <4cfc2fd8$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   He says: "No one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a
> game worthy of comparison with the great poets, filmmakers, novelists and
> poets."

Clearly, it's *harder* to do it in a game, since you have to deal with the
interactive nature and the fact that it's supposed to be enjoyable to play.
I think, tho, that if nothing else, he's comparing a medium that's what, 40
years old at best, to one much older (cinema) and that took its own designs
from one yet even older (theater)?  Ask in 200 years whether there's a video
game as moving as the best live play.  Given that the best English author is
still generally considered to be Shakespeare, who wrote so long ago that he
wasn't even using modern English, I'd say he's jumping the gun in his judgment.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: