POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drunken pathing... : Re: Drunken pathing... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drunken pathing...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Dec 2010 15:33:37
Message: <4cfbf721$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/5/2010 2:35 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 05/12/2010 04:12, Patrick Elliott nous fit lire :

>>> Hmm. Tcb and General X Spline do both look real interesting. Now to hunt
>>> down formula on them I can bloody understand. lol
>
>> It only gets worse with Tcb. It looks like the 'D' interpolation
>> stuff is going on from the one I was looking at, but I am not sure..
>> Worse, the code example given is a mish mash of *multiple* curve types,
>> so its fuzzy as to what belongs to what, and why, and what is being done
>> in there too.
>>
>> Sigh. Some days it seems like I need to go back and take/retake about 6
>> years of math. lol
>>

> You might get some code in the sources of megapov. (have a look at
> sources/patches/patches.h )
>
> Attached is a document about x splines.
Think I might have found something that will work. Just need to run
things the same as I did in my code, which only handles 4 points at a
time, so I could, in principle, change points as needed, like if the
thing got called some place else, while wandering.

But, this is what annoys the hell out of me with technical papers. They
give what I think may be the final equation for the first two classes of
xsplines, then, when you get to the final step, the end all be all of
xsplines, they go, "And, if you have been following along (not a
chance...), these intermediate formulas (oh, hell...), can be applied to
derive the final result (how, you bloody egghead?)." Anyway, at least I
know what I am looking for now, so should be able to find "something". lol

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {