POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Limbo : Re: Limbo Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Limbo
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Dec 2010 13:14:58
Message: <4cfbd6a2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Roger Ebert has famously stated that in his opinion video games can never
> be art. Even after reading his essays on the subject I still can't understand
> his rationale. IMO Limbo is a good example of why he is wrong.

Yeah, they're even making things like Heavy Rain, which is (from the demo I
played) basically a movie that pauses occasionally to let you interact with
the controller. Seems like the kind of thing much more appropriate to the
Wii or Kinect, given that when you come to a door, you open it by cranking
one of the joysticks in a half-circle or some such.

Yatzee reviewed Limbo, btw, along with Deathspark. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: