POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is there an app for that? : Re: Is there an app for that? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there an app for that?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Dec 2010 00:09:33
Message: <4cf9cd0d@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 03 Dec 2010 20:24:56 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> I just had the greatest idea for a smart-phone app:
>
> If you dial a phone number, and before you hang up, that very same phone
> number calls you back and you get the call waiting signal, just cancel
> the voicemail you're leaving and answer the incoming phone.  How often
> has that happened to you?

I don't think there's an app for that, and probably couldn't be for the
same reason there really can't be a phone app to do conditional call
forwarding:  It's handled by the carrier, not the phone.

With VM, though, it's more involved, because the app would need to
identify the remote voice mail system and properly delete/cancel the
message that was being left.

Jim