POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Emissive media "shadow" problem - please help : Re: Emissive media "shadow" problem - please help Server Time
4 May 2024 22:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emissive media "shadow" problem - please help
From: clipka
Date: 3 Dec 2010 09:26:42
Message: <4cf8fe22$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.12.2010 10:07, schrieb KurtB:
> Thank you both for your comments so far. I really appreciate your pointers,
> Alain, but I must apologize as the example I posted was not very clear. I have
> played around with this a bit more, and I discovered that the artifact becomes
> more pronounced if I increase the quality settings for radiosity.

It still took me some time to recognize it, but yes, it's there: What at
first glance looks like the edge of the cube is indeed an artifact.

Unfortunately, all I can think of right now is: "My that's weird!"

My current favorite culprit would be a problem in the radiosity code
causing the media to illuminate only geometry outside its container. But
that's just a guess.