POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma Again : Re: Gamma Again Server Time
30 Jun 2024 18:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma Again
From: scott
Date: 3 Dec 2010 07:44:53
Message: <4cf8e645$1@news.povray.org>
> This is true and, as any experienced photographer knows, if in the
> darkroom or
> Photoshop, you usually do. But as Ansel Adams discovered it always comes
> out
> more natural looking to put the filter directly on the lens.

Which is why I mentioned that POV also allows you to put arbitrary objects
in front of the virtual camera to simulate many lens effects.  Off the top
of my head a polarising filter would be one of the few that is not possible
to simulate.  I don't get what this has to do with assumed_gamma though,
which lens IRL are you trying to simulate by toying with assumed_gamma?