POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Memory Leak? : Re: Memory Leak? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:56:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak?
From: clipka
Date: 27 Nov 2010 04:29:30
Message: <4cf0cf7a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.11.2010 18:28, schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
> clipka<ano### [at] anonymousorg>  wrote:
>> Still, are you sure it is POV-Ray memory consumption that's bogging down
>> your system?
> And I am pretty sure it's pov that's to blame, I've tried it twice, and it bogs
> down so much it refuses to accept a shutdown command.

My question wasn't whether POV-Ray was to blame, but whether POV-Ray
/memory consumption/ was to blame.

As for inhibiting shutdown - I'm no Linux expert, but I guess you can
get that with any program that takes some time to stop when politely
asked to do so, as I don't think shutdown will automatically send a
SIGKILL. And AFAIK POV-Ray's render threads will not stop before they
have finished computing the current pixel, so if your scene is
computationally intensive, shutdown may be delayed even without
excessive memory consumption.