POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. : Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:59:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render.
From: Chris Cason
Date: 21 Nov 2010 23:49:43
Message: <4ce9f667@news.povray.org>
On 20/11/2010 22:51, MessyBlob wrote:
> Is it worth getting hands dirty with the memory manager interface, to start new
> renders using a new 'root' (or handle list - I've no seen what's used) for
> memory allocation. That way, the clean-up can be happening in the background for
> the old render, while the new render is starting.

We could move the point where the scene data is destroyed. Currently it's
kept around until a new render is started (see my other recent reply in
this thread as to why). Until such time as we do support re-use of the
scene, though, there's probably no harm in releasing it early. I'll have to
see what other implications that might have though.

-- Chris