POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Warp
Date: 21 Nov 2010 12:43:29
Message: <4ce95a40@news.povray.org>
Ok, another physics question. Not related to the Big Bang, but I didn't
want to create a new thread.

  It seems that a black hole can be characterized by three (and only three)
quantities: its mass, angular momentum and electric charge. For example the
Reissner-Nordstr?m metric is a solution to the general relativity equations
for a charged, non-rotating black hole.

  I don't understand. Electric charge is mediated by photons. Photons cannot
escape a black hole. How can they mediate anything in this case? A black
hole swallows photons, it doesn't exchange them with anything.

--
                                                          - Warp