POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Nov 2010 12:37:52
Message: <4ce80770$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> "In systems that are gravitationally bound, such as galaxies or our
> planetary system, the expansion of space is a much weaker effect than
> the attractive force of gravity."

Yeah, I was interpreting that kind of statement as "gravity holds things
together in spite of the expansion of space trying to pull them apart." On
the other hand, it could be that the "dark energy" (i.e. vacuum energy) or
expansion of space or whatever is actually suppressed (in some sense) by the
presence of normal energy or the presence of curved space.  I don't know at
this point any more.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: