POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. : Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 39 not releasing memory on ending render.
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Nov 2010 11:04:22
Message: <4ce7f186@news.povray.org>
On 30/10/2010 1:30 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 30.10.2010 14:13, schrieb Stephen:
>> I have a scene that causes Beta 39 to behave strangely. When the render

>> released and pvengine.exe is still using about 48% of one core. Then on
>> the next render I get an unknown internal error.

>> application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
>
> There are some situations where the render engine takes excessively long
> to clean up, but from all I've seen so far it always finishes
> eventually. IIRC the reaction you describe is exactly what you get in
> such cases if you get impatient.

That could be the case, I suppose waiting 15 minutes after PovRay
reported the render to be finished is a tad impatient.

Using  32 bit version of Beta 39 PovRay still holds on to the memory and
raises an exception when exiting the program. The 64 bit version works
as expected.

>> I can post the scene if required
>
> That might help.

I've posted it in p.b-t.b and sent a short dump.

Thanks to MessyBlob for bumping this thread.

--
Regards
     Stephen