POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2010 23:02:15
Message: <4ce74847$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have hard time believing that.

It's just what I've heard. Maybe you wouldn't notice the tides if you didn't
look out the window, is what they meant. (I think I heard it from Sagan or
Asimov or something like that.)

Your argument is good, tho. Thinking on it, I can't imagine how you wouldn't
notice. :-)

>   However, this horizon is caused by the expansion of the Universe, not
> by gravity, and it's always relative to where the observer is to begin
> with.

I was talking about overall.  (You may be taking me too seriously. :-)

>> I think it was more popular before people found dark energy and thought we
>> were heading for a "big crunch" or something?
>
>   I think the word "found" is wrong here. It hasn't been measured; it's a
> hypothesis. (It could perfectly well be the *correct* hypothesis, but until
> it's measured it's just that.)

For "found" read "found the affects attributed to..."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: