POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2010 11:29:27
Message: <4ce6a5e7@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> a scientist in Faraday's time; practically *any* learned person could be a
> natural philosopher, as there was no specialization then--

I have read that Leonardo da Vinci was the last human to know essentially
everything of importance. :-)

 > and there were so *many* things yet undiscovered.

I'm starting to feel the same way about computers. There's very few fields
where an individual can really invent something useful without knowing how
to scale it to run on hundreds of computers.

Smart phone apps and games seem the last bastion of where you can invent
something by yourself and be a success.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: