POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2010 11:24:06
Message: <4ce6a4a6$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> The reason I was surprised at the regexp result was that they spent
>> I'm sure a lot more time implementing a compiler for them than they
>> would have implementing a better algorithm.
>
> I guess sometimes they just make mistakes or bad decisions like anyone
> else, and then it's not deemed worth it to spend the time going back and
> changing it.  That's just life, the only difference is when MS does it
> there's a lot of people who are affected!

Could be. Or whoever was assigned to implement it just looked at other
peoples' implementations and dove in without really thinking it thru. It's
pretty easy to get disaffected enough with a job that that sort of thing
happens.  "Yeah, yeah, I'll get it written, get outa my face."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: