POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dettol protects: Fact? : Re: Dettol protects: Fact? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dettol protects: Fact?
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Nov 2010 04:33:06
Message: <4ce64452@news.povray.org>
On 18/11/2010 4:23 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> put some gasket material under my amp.
>

> Under the *amp*? I could understand under the turntable or under the
> speakers, but what does padding have to do with an amp?

It beats me?
My wife is the hi fi buff, I just do the lifting and wiring. If it were
left to me, I’d still be using bell wire.
I’ve got two mats and when the bearing went on my turntable, I put one
under the amp. The change in tone was instant, you could place the
orchestral instruments much better.
The only thing I can think of is by insulating the amp further it
reduced the sonic feedback which in turn stops the amp microphone-ing.
(if that is even a word?)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen