POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2010 21:40:00
Message: <4ce5e380$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> You forget: Was there a beginning of the Universe ?

Yes, there was. :-) There might not have been anything *before* that, but
there was definitely a beginning, according to all modern theories and lots
of evidence.

> After all, the Universe was smaller than the
> Schwarzschild radius of all the energy in the Universe for a "significant"
> amount of time after the start. (Of course "significant" relatively speaking.

I'm wondering if the fact that baryogenesis happened well after inflation
had anything to do with it. Basically, there wasn't any mass until after the
universe was big enough?

> I have no idea whatsoever what kind of timescale we are talking about, but
> wouldn't be surprised if it was measured in nanoseconds or the like.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Big_Bang

10^-32 seconds after the start, you're done the FTL expansion phase.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: