POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Warp
Date: 18 Nov 2010 13:49:27
Message: <4ce57536@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 18/11/2010 18:13, Darren New nous fit lire :
> > Warp wrote:
> >>   This has puzzled me for a while, and I can't find an answer.
> >>
> >>   There was a time during the beginning of the Universe,
> >
> > Possibly one of these answers:

> You forget: Was there a beginning of the Universe ?
> It's not because there is a road that can be followed that there is a
> start of the road.
> So far they have theory about the very first "instant" of the Universe,
> yet, nothing about the initial setting and before.. (if that can even
> make sense)

  Well, my question was not about time zero, when the initial singularity
(or whatever it was that was there) started expanding, or the ultimate
question of where did everything come from. I was just asking about moments
after the expansion started. After all, the Universe was smaller than the
Schwarzschild radius of all the energy in the Universe for a "significant"
amount of time after the start. (Of course "significant" relatively speaking.
I have no idea whatsoever what kind of timescale we are talking about, but
wouldn't be surprised if it was measured in nanoseconds or the like.)

--
                                                          - Warp