POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language discussion : Re: Programming language discussion Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language discussion
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2010 11:21:09
Message: <4ce55275$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> It's equivalent to a.x=b.z; a.y=b.x; Any combination of xyz letters would
>> work, probably even a.xxx=b.yzy;
>
>   All to save typing a few extra characters... :P

AFAIK, this is the sort of syntax that the 3D graphics cards use for
built-in vector operations. Of course, that's a separate compiler with
"custom" syntax, so it's probably just as efficient if not moreso.

I'm guessing given the name of the class he was trying to duplicate the
syntax used in the grpahics card stuff.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: