POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dettol protects: Fact? : Re: Dettol protects: Fact? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dettol protects: Fact?
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2010 06:51:23
Message: <4ce5133b$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/11/2010 11:20 AM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> And lo On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:06:06 -0000, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull>
> did spake thusly:
>
>> "Fact: Germs [including the flu virus] can live on surfaces for up to
>> two days.
>>
>> Fact: Dettol kills 99.9% of gems, including the flu virus."
>
> What I dislike is it makes no distinction between harmless and harmful.
> Congratulations you've just removed the competition for the .1% that's
> resistant to this stuff better hope it's not something potentially harmful.

Fact: Dettol kills 99.9% of bacteria.
Fact: 99.9% of bacteria have NO EFFECT on human health in either direction.

Gotta love the way the advert used to talk about how Dettol kills
/bacteria/, and lately they suddenly changed it to "germs, including the
flu virus". Every few syllables is "flu virus". Like it's really
important or something.

> As for claims I do love the creams that boast X% more oxygen. Easily
> achieved - just add water :-)

"NEW! Walkers Crisps, now with 50% less salt."

I look on the back of the package.... aaaaaand what's this? Potassium
chloride? Hmm, I *wonder* why that's in there? :-P

> Ah I knew I'd seen this somewhere

http://www.cracked.com/article_17606_7-high-tech-products-their-cheap-ass-ingredients.html

...your source is cracked.com? Uh, right. ;-)

Hey, while you're here... In the UK, all food products are required to
list their ingredients, in descending order. But are products such as
shampoo required to do so?