POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Task scheduling? : Re: Task scheduling? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Task scheduling?
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Nov 2010 04:25:44
Message: <4ce24e18$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/11/2010 03:47 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
> On 2010-11-15 10:04, Tom Austin wrote:
>> good luck getting it all working
>
> Interestingly, it
> a) hasn't been executing properly on this machine since I plugged it
> into task manager, will see if adding a 'run in path' option will fix
> that, since it /does/ work if I go to the directory and run the batch
> file manually

In general, for anything related to Task Scheduler, you want to be using
absolute paths *everywhere*, since there's no telling what the current
path will be. Sometimes you also need to write explicit paths to
executables, since the search path may be different than usual.

Basically, TS runs things under a completely different user account. You
need to take account of everything that could possibly be different.