POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dettol protects: Fact? : Re: Dettol protects: Fact? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dettol protects: Fact?
From: Warp
Date: 15 Nov 2010 14:02:33
Message: <4ce183c9@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
> But virii are not unicelluar organism. They are very far from even being
> one.
> Virii are more like toxin: a chain of molecules, with the added bonus
> that when encountering the right cells, they get replicated by the cells
> (usually at the cost of the other functions of the cell, which induce
> the exhaustion of the cell and its death).

  I wouldn't say they are like toxins, nor are they "very far from even
being a cell". Virii have genetic material in the form of DNA or RNA, as
well as a protein coating. That's way, way more complex than a simple
chemical compound such as a toxin.

  Prions also replicate (well, kind of), but are way simpler than virii
because they are, basically, just one single protein and has no genetic
material at all.

  But even proteins are way more complicated than simple chemical compounds
such as toxins.

--
                                                          - Warp