POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Task scheduling? : Re: Task scheduling? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Task scheduling?
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Nov 2010 04:14:47
Message: <4ce0fa07$1@news.povray.org>
> Windows user here

I figured that might be the case. Still, wget is easy enough to find for
Windows.

> and I seem to be having an issue with getting wget to
> actually save the file.

Oh. Really?

> If I run 'c:\progra~1\gnuwin32\bin\wget.exe
> http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/clouds/clouds_4096.jpg' from a
> commandline it works, but if I try to add the option to save it
> somewhere it doesn't fly.

I must admit, I do recall trying to use md5sum.exe and discovering that
it only works for files in the current folder. I guess it dislikes
backslashes or something. (You could try using forward slashes instead -
not many people know this, but Windows itself does accept them.) It'll
still break on the drive specifier, most likely.

> Something's off with the task scheduler, too,
> maybe...the task I made wasn't running. Just tweaked the settings, maybe
> that'll work.

Beware that Task Scheduler runs things under a different user account,
with different access permissions. If I had a penny for every time a
script has broken due to permission errors when run under Task Scheduler...