POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Task scheduling? : Re: Task scheduling? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Task scheduling?
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Nov 2010 20:32:43
Message: <4ce08dbb$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Hmm.  Looks like it's working, but it's saving the files with default
> filenames...clouds_4096.jpg.1 and clouds_4096.jpg.2 and so forth, but
> I'd like the names to be better.  Hmmm.

You're going to need to write a .bat file or something to pluck the
date/time into an environment variable and use it in a command to either
rename the file or pass it on the -O argument.

date +%s

should give you seconds-since-midnight as a date, if you're comfortable with
unixy scripting. Otherwise, I can put together a quicky .exe for you that'll
do what you want and invoke wget or write out a .bat file or something.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: