POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Task scheduling? : Task scheduling? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Task scheduling?
From: Tim Cook
Date: 14 Nov 2010 07:12:56
Message: <4cdfd248$1@news.povray.org>
How would I set up task scheduler to save an internet file every 3
hours?  I just got around to making a task that opens the URL in a new
tab every 3 hours, but would rather it just saved the file (with
timestamp added to filename) silently.  Had been doing this manually for
the past three years every 24 hours, more or less (there are some gaps
when I couldn't do it for a few days and stutters that weren't exactly
on time), and would like a better way of accomplishing the task.

(The URL in question is
http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/clouds/clouds_4096.jpg which updates
every three hours...)

--