POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : POV-Ray + Google Streetview : Re: POV-Ray + Google Streetview Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:49:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray + Google Streetview
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 12 Nov 2010 19:17:13
Message: <4cddd909@news.povray.org>
RobF wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKmdi5-HQw

Impressive ... I think? I'm actually not quite sure
what you did here. Do I understand correctly that Google
fits a car with GPS and cameras, takes it on a tour,
processes the images to make panoramic views available
in Google Maps, you download all of them for the entire
route by script and then use POV-Ray to project then
onto an environment cube or sphere so it looks like
you were in the car?