POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Nov 2010 14:38:07
Message: <4cdd979f$1@news.povray.org>
Other amusing quotes of the week:

"Also [scripting languages] 'don't scale well', which I guess means that
they don't make it inconvenient to design badly."

"someday we'll need meta-software that converts from obsolete languages
into modern ones"
"Don't we call that compilers?"
[Actually that's kinda backwards, isn't it?]

"how about a language where you program with unit vectors: orientation
oriented programming"

"what you just typed isn't even well typed"
(The compiler tells me this all the time BTW...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/