POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2010 12:24:29
Message: <4cdd784d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Apparently you have a radically different idea of "ubiquitous" than I do...

Regular expressions are the same as state machines.

Let me list a few of the programs I use every day that support and use
regular expressions:

.NET
VI
EMacs
Grep
Find
Bash
Perl
Awk
Sed
Flex
javascript
Tcl
Haskell
Pretty much every editor above the level of notepad
Pretty much every programming language since COBOL

Let me list a few of the programs that support the parser you prefer:

Haskell

So, yeah, the fact that your education sucks doesn't mean bupkiss about what
actually goes on in the real world. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: