POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2010 11:42:48
Message: <4cdd6e88$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> http://swtch.com/~rsc/regexp/regexp1.html

Oh, and given that .NET compiles regular expression matches down to machine
code, I was really rather surprised to discover that it too exhibits
exponential runtime for the shown test expressions, even tho it doesn't need
to. I can't imagine why you'd go to the effort of having an option to
compile the thing to machine code if you're going to be too lazy to do the
trivial check it takes to determine whether you need a linear or exponential
algorithm.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: