POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations : Re: Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations Server Time
30 Jun 2024 17:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with new focal blur noise pattern and animations
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 12 Nov 2010 08:46:16
Message: <4cdd4528$1@news.povray.org>
Le 12/11/2010 11:36, Tek a écrit :

> Quite simply, I have no way to guarantee, or even to make it likely, that pixels
> on the next frame will use a different blur sample to this frame.

If you use a deterministic pattern (whatever it be, with high contrast
area in <0,0><1,1>...) then from frame to frame, you can rotate and
translate it as your seed wants to govern it. you might for instance use
a checkered b&w, scaled to 1/10 (so that's potentially 50 spots out of
100), rotated on the plane by a random value (your choice of seed),
translated randomly...