POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Optics : Re: Optics Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optics
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2010 08:31:21
Message: <4cdd41a9$1@news.povray.org>
> Now, the trick is, if I can figure out how, I plan to find two LCDs, of
> some sort, of the same type/size, and have them for left and right eyes.

I'd get two of those webcam telescopes, plug them into a small laptop you're
carrying on your back, and output the combined image to a small LCD monitor
covering both eyes.  You won't be able to place the LCD too close to your
eyes (think 15 cm or less) otherwise you'll get a headache very quickly.
Something like a 7 or 8" widescreen LCD should work.  Not sure how you plan
to house everything, it might end up looking a bit bulky unless you can do
something clever with mirrors.