POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jenga : Re: Jenga Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jenga
From: Warp
Date: 11 Nov 2010 10:35:13
Message: <4cdc0d31@news.povray.org>
> Only occasionally have I managed to convince a boss it'll be faster to
> rewrite this from scratch than it will be to add the feature you're asking for.

  Sometimes (often?) rewriting the whole thing from scratch would indeed
take much longer than adding the small new feature. However, the rewrite
would benefit the project in the long run, as subsequent features would
become easier to add, saving in the total time.

  However, I assume it's difficult to convince a boss of the fact that
"if we spend a month rewriting the whole thing from scratch now, we will
save several months of work later".

--
                                                          - Warp