POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Nov 2010 17:07:12
Message: <4cdb1790$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I've always thought that manpages and the ugliest, lamest, most archaic
> thing ever, so I don't see that that's much of an advantage.

Oh, wait. Aren't you the one that goes on about LaTeX and Postscript? :-)
I'm not sure what you have against a text-based program for generating
typeset output.

> (On the other hand, today's reading suggests that troff is really
> designed to control phototypesetters - whatever those are - and not
> produce stuff on screen...)

Plus, they didn't produce stuff on screen. This is hardcopy land. Screens
were advanced stuff. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: