POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Nov 2010 12:45:40
Message: <4cd988c4$1@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque wrote:
> I meant the thingie that the customer keeps in his or her desk drawer
> and updates when they go to the bank, not the official ledger that was
> kept in the bank's vault.

OK.  In the USA, there are "bank books" which is what you're talking about,
and "pass books" which are actually AFAIK the official register of how much
money is in your account, which the customer carries around. It's the latter
I haven't seen, but I can see where a bank might still accommodate bank books.

> Banks are now pushing for online statements since it cuts on the mailing
> fees and puts the onus on the customer to print them using his or her
> own ink and paper.

I can understand that. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)