POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 9 Nov 2010 08:30:18
Message: <4cd94cea$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2010-11-08 12:19, Darren New a écrit :
> Francois Labreque wrote:
>> What do you mean "since banks went computerized?"
>
> Since banks went computerized in the USA?
>
> Are these bankbooks or passbooks? (The difference being that the
> passbook is the official record, I think.) I'd more likely believe that
> bankbooks are common than passbooks.

I meant the thingie that the customer keeps in his or her desk drawer
and updates when they go to the bank, not the official ledger that was
kept in the bank's vault.

Banks have been computerized in Kanuckistan since the mid seventies,
too, but most users kept using a booklet until the late nineties when a
push was made to switch to mailed monthly statements because nobody
bothered to go to an actual bank teller anymore to get their book
updated.  But most ATMs (or at least one per row of ATMs) still have a
printer that can update them as not everyone has switched to monthly
statements).

Banks are now pushing for online statements since it cuts on the mailing
fees and puts the onus on the customer to print them using his or her
own ink and paper.