POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That Friday feeling : Re: That Friday feeling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That Friday feeling
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Nov 2010 13:49:46
Message: <4cd5953a$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Could there be, in some cases, some ego-boosting involved, of the kind
> "my language is higher-level than yours"?

I would certainly think so. While there are clearly a number of axes along
which "high level" (or "powerful") can be measured, the relative importance
is difficult to order.  Some people may find performance more important than
safety, and vice versa, for an obvious example. Others may find ease of
coding more valuable than assurance of correctness (leading to people
complaining about "bondage and discipline languages").

I was thinking about this lately, but I haven't had time to write up a whole
message. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: