POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mini-languages : Re: Mini-languages Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mini-languages
From: Warp
Date: 5 Nov 2010 13:32:47
Message: <4cd43fbe@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I've always thought that manpages and the ugliest, lamest, most archaic
> thing ever, so I don't see that that's much of an advantage.

  If you have to read a manual through a VT100 terminal, what would you
suggest as a better alternative?

  (And yes, even *today* people still need sometimes do things through
ancient terminal emulation. Usually today the connection is encrypted
(ever heard of ssh?) unlike in the early days, but it's still the same
thing.)

--
                                                          - Warp