POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That Friday feeling : Re: That Friday feeling Server Time
3 Sep 2024 15:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That Friday feeling
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Nov 2010 11:56:36
Message: <4cd42934$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/11/2010 03:33 PM, nemesis wrote:

> "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."
>
> LOL

Yes. There's not a lot else you can really say to that.

> the rest is quite accurate.  Or might I say, *was*.  Because once upon a time C
> indeed was high level and javascript was interpreted...

Um...

"Bash is a type of Shell Script. Shell scripting languages are mostly
intended for automating system tasks, as opposed to offering truly
dynamic programming abilities."

"Forth is a Stack Computing Language. Basically the language represents
two virtual stacks to accomplish algorithms."

"Java is one of the first truly object oriented languages."

"PHP is a hypertext preprocessor."

"Perl is a command line language similar to C, and Shell Script."

"Ruby is a multi-paradigm language with syntax similar to Perl. It is
often compared to Java in as much as both languages borrow
object-oriented syntax pioneered by small talk."

"Tcl, like Perl, and other scripting languages, is an interpreted
scripting language designed mostly for console use. It is extensible
through high level languages like Java."

...still think it's accurate? :-P