POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What is the Universe made of? : Re: What is the Universe made of? Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the Universe made of?
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Nov 2010 18:54:45
Message: <4cd339b5$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Bad one I think. Sound, etc. isn't made up of air, water, or whatever.
> It would be more accurate to say that it is made up of what those things
> are "doing". This is not *that* different than words on a page.

Yep. And the point is that (as I understand it) according to GR, spacetime
is made up out of what energy is doing. You got it on the first try.

There's nothing in the universe except energy, and everything else (force,
space, time, etc) is just what energy is doing.

Whether you want to argue that means there *is* something besides energy is
arguing over whether sound *is* something besides the atoms and their behavior.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: