POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really deep Mandelbrot zoom : Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Nov 2010 10:47:16
Message: <4cd02474$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/11/2010 15:03, Warp a écrit :
> gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> Povray runs out of steam long before you hit *that* limitation because of the
>> artificially low limit of 32000 set for the iterations.
>
>   Why is there such a limit?

Is there such limit ? (in which version ?)
I do not see such limit to 32000 in mandel pattern in 3.7beta38 code.
And it does not seems to be present either in 3.6.1;

Now the actual code of mandelbrot's pattern computation might be
sub-optimal when compared to dedicated code. But that's another story.

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.