POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to trace() and evaluate colour of CSG object? : Re: How to trace() and evaluate colour of CSG object? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 06:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to trace() and evaluate colour of CSG object?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Nov 2010 06:49:40
Message: <4ccfecc4$1@news.povray.org>

>> But notice that the "colour" that a laser-scanner would get would in
>> fact be the level of reflected laser-beam in the ray direction.
>
> Yes, that's true. But in this case I actually do want the pigment of the
> object that is hit by the ray, and not a simulation of the remission of
> the laser beam, so you can actually disregard the application I
> described. Sorry for the confusion.

Do you want to know the pigment of the object as seen from the camera of
the scanner, or really the pigment of the object (independently of the
lightning condition ?)

The first one is an actual render, and in fact you just want the colour
of the ray as influenced by the pigment (and you want to stay away of
+Q0 in such case).
The second one is a kind of ambient 1/reflection 0/diffusion 0 for every
object (and get away with any other finish), so +Q0 should do it.

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.