POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really deep Mandelbrot zoom : Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really deep Mandelbrot zoom
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Nov 2010 07:46:54
Message: <4ccea8ae@news.povray.org>
On 31/10/2010 01:31 PM, Warp wrote:
>    And I mean *really* deep:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foxD6ZQlnlU

That is really, really deep. Everything a look at now appear to be
receding away from me.

It's also very pink. I don't know what this was rendered with, but it
seems to have a 256-colour limit, meaning that the colours repeat a hell
of a lot. I did a zoom not unlike this using POV-Ray. Obviously the AA
is all over the place, but it does mean I have unlimited colours, and I
can map them as I see fit.

The location chosen is very, *very* repetitive. I mean, really, if you
watch the first minute or two of the video, you've now seen everything
there is to see for the entire 10 minute marathon.

Ditto for the music, actually. It's just a drum beat with some
occasional accompaniment. I like trance music, but this is the kind of
thing I'd routinely skip over. There's just too much drum and not enough
notes. I also find it kind of interesting that I'm gazing at pristine
mathematical perfection while listening to distorted gurgling electronic
grunge.

Of course, what I'd really like to do some day is do a long fractal zoom
(or more likely a succession of them), and spend time tweaking all the
colours to the exact details of the fractal, and build some sort of
soundscape that complements each feature of it. Sadly, I am drastically
incapable of synthesizing such a transcendental fusion...