POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Oct 2010 17:50:49
Message: <4ccde4b9@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Maybe, maybe not.  I have a vague recollection of a book by Dave Cutler
> (I think it was) who went to MS from DEC and was responsible for the bulk
> of kernel coding in NT.

Yep. But the fact that Cutler came from DEC says nothing about how portable
the OS he helped write based on his experience was. People give them crap
for "stealing" VMS, but when you work at that level, your experience is why
you get hired.

Also, I think the XBox360 runs a version of Windows ported to a PowerPC, so
I think it's more ambiguous than you might think.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: