POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Terminology quiz : Re: Terminology quiz Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terminology quiz
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Oct 2010 14:27:48
Message: <4ccc63a4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Without consulting the internet or other sources, how many of these do
> you know the meaning of (in other words, what do these branches of science
> study)? Approximately from easiest to hardest:
>
> - Arachnology
> - Ornithology
> - Horticulture
> - Entomology
> - Cetology
> - Herpetology

I was good up to here.

> - Phycology
> - Malacology
> - Helminthology

I don't know what any of those were, unless they're somewhat different
categories than the first bunch. (I.e., unless the later are studies of
medicine or disease or something, rather than particular kinds of life forms.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: