POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An observation : Re: An observation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An observation
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Oct 2010 14:18:46
Message: <4ccc6186$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Busybox is more to bash than to Ubuntu.  It's a shell, not a kernel.

Sure.  My point being that there's a whole lot more to Linux than the
kernel, probably little of which is running on Android.

> I'm fairly certain that the Windows kernel code is not platform-
> independent.  Microsoft stopped doing that back when they dropped support
> for RISC-based Windows to the best of my knowledge.

They stopped *selling* it. I don't know why they'd let it no longer be
platform independent if they know they want to pursue such things. But since
neither of us really knows, there's not a whole lot of point in arguing it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: