POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New computer : Re: New computer Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New computer
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Oct 2010 12:18:28
Message: <4ccaf3d4$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/29/2010 1:55 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> How hard is it for people to add on sentence, explaining how to apply
>>> it to vectors with N parts? Seriously?
>>
>> About the same difficulty as writing documentation that explains how to
>> use their API instead of giving one example?
>
> I think you're confusing "difficult" with "boring". ;-)
Which explains why, all too often, their "explanations" are vague,
highly limited, only references a single test case, which doesn't cover
anything people might actually use it for, and the example was built
around that test case. You know, like some moron talking about arrays,
and using a "one element" array as an example (well, not quite that bad,
but the example I am thinking of involved an API interface to controls,
which **would have** used a list/array of controls, but the example, and
explanation, gave no indication how the bloody heck to populate such a
thing, or use it with the API, never mind that this step was a) kind of
the point of the API interface being described, and b) non-trivial for
the specific use of controls being looked at).

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {