POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Captions : Re: Captions Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Captions
From: scott
Date: 28 Oct 2010 06:39:40
Message: <4cc952ec$1@news.povray.org>
> Ideally I'd like to get the captions to float across the screen, following
> the people they belong to, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that.
>
> Any suggestions?

Without using any fancy auto-tracking software, I'd suggest extracting every
Nth frame, then by hand make a list of names and coordinates for each frame.
Using POV you can read in the list, and using suitable interpolation make an
animation of smoothly floating names (and any other special effects, like
fading in/out).  Then use AviSynth or similar to merge the two.