POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Captions : Captions Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Captions
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Oct 2010 04:22:19
Message: <4cc932bb$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I have a DVD of some people dancing around. Unfortunately it's
quite difficult to make out who's who. (The camera was struggling with
the light levels.) So I'd like to stick little captions on people so you
can see who they are.

Question: What kind of software would you use for something like that?

I could of course convert the video into a huge stream of still images,
and use something like IrfanView to glue captions onto each frame, one
at a time. However, given several *hours* of film, that's going to take
an absurdly long time, and the captions will jiggle around the screen so
much that they'll be unreadable anyway.

Ideally I'd like to get the captions to float across the screen,
following the people they belong to, but I have absolutely no idea how
to do that.

Any suggestions?