POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firebug : Re: Firebug Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firebug
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Oct 2010 04:10:04
Message: <4cc92fdc$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/10/2010 06:26 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:41:35 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> OpenOffice showed up because Sun wanted to sell SPARCstations and
>> couldn't without having MS Office on them.
>
> Well, OpenOffice was previously StarOffice, made by the company
> StarDivision.  It was originally closed-source and cross-platform.  Sun
> bought StarDivision, but Sun certainly didn't start the OpenOffice
> product.

Sun? Heh. I'm still getting used to the fact that now when I install
OpenOffice, it was Oracle plastered all over it. (I'm pretty sure under
Sun the corporate branding was much less in-your-face. Also, the colour
scheme was nicer. Oracle has given it a kind of blank-white look, like
they didn't finish it or something...)